Who We Are
We are an interdisciplinary team of experts, including University of Michigan staff and students, working to support communities as they plan and pursue ambitious climate goals. We offer a variety of tools to help communities transform their energy systems while adapting to a changing climate. Our tool belt includes big data analytics combined with a passion for human-centered design and engagement.
What We Do
There isn’t a one-size fits all solution for climate change.
The fastest path to zero emissions will be unique for every community. That’s why we are creating technology-neutral tools to aid community-centered decision making. To get to zero, different places will adopt different technology mixes based on their specific social, political, and economic needs. We want to make that process easier and more transparent so that more communities can successfully reach their climate goals as quickly as possible.
If it can help get us to zero, it’s on the table.
Work with UsWho we serve
- Local, state, and federal governments,
agencies, and policymakers
- Energy and technology companies
- Nonprofit and community organizations
We offer the following services:
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) analysis: Our team of political, social, and data scientists will assess your community’s likely compatibility with a variety of climate solutions. Working across four main areas–geography, economics, social issues, and political environment–we can help you characterize and better understand the cross-section of issues that you should consider as you pursue your zero-emissions goals.
- Community engagement strategies: Once you have a sense of the best climate solutions for your community, our engagement specialists are ready to develop tailored outreach strategies to help local community leaders, utilities, and other key stakeholders to work together to get there.
- Energy systems visualization: When your community decides to adopt new technologies to help reduce your carbon footprint, our team of design experts are available to help you visualize how integrate those changes into your energy system in ways that are consistent with your community’s identity and values.